- 1 medium Yukon gold potato
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tsp. course kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Spicy Bubi’s and Original Bubi’s Sauce®
- ½ cup parmesan cheese or mozzarella (optional)
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN POTATO PIZZA
- With a mandolin, slice the potatoes as thin as you can, about 1/16th on a inch thick. Place potato slices in a bowl with the salt and cover with cold water for about an hour. Drain potatoes and pat dry. Toss with rosemary, onion and Spicy Bubi’s Sauce®. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of your oven. Preheat the oven to the highest temperature it will go
- (450-500°F.) for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with some course polenta (corn grits). Polenta is best to stop the dough from sticking to the peel. Roll out the pizza dough, using flour so it doesn’t stick to the rolling pin. If the dough snaps back as you roll it, let it sit for just a couple of minutes and it will roll out effortlessly. Roll out the dough until it is the size/thickness you like. Place on the pizza peel. Brush the dough with the 1/4 cup Original Bubi’s Sauce® (or however much you like), sprinkle parmesan cheese and top the pizza with the potato slices. Make sure you get all the onion and rosemary out of the bowl and place on top. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top.
- Slide the pizza onto the baking stone and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the crust is crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, if you like.